We're converting to Ahmishism!! (with electricity)
There really is something to be said about the Ahmish lifestyle! So simple, less things to worry and stress about, and everyone just looks so pure! The little children in their little Ahmish outfits are adorable!!!
We just got back from our daddy daughter date in Berlin, Ohio. Dad, you should never have taken us there, you have created a monster!! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the great landscapes or countryside, but that will be on our next trip.
It was so much fun! There were tons of horse and buggies, lots and lots of shopping at fun stores and antique stores, we wished we had more money so we could buy things at this store, I got way too many ideas, and not enough time in a day to do them all, we invented a boardgame, we ate a lot of cheese, we got a lot of fudge, we got a lot of bargains, we had yummy sweet potato fries with caramel sauce, we laughed a lot (I am much funnier when my kids aren't around for some reason), we talked a lot (that tends to happen while in the car for long periods of time), slept a little bit, did I mention I got lots of ideas?? Don't be surprised when you enter my home this Holiday season and find my Christmas tree hanging upside down from the cieling!
The most common form of transportation in Berlin, Ohio

Taste testing yummy cheese. Except horseradish cheese, and goats milk cheese is not so yummy. Goats milk cheese tasted like a goat smells. Dad's tounge was hurting in this picture from a cheese he tested earlier. Candi looks excited about the next sample!
We ate dinner in Charm, Ohio. I want some more sweet potato fries with caramel sauce!!!

And of course we went to a few thrift stores, and I had to take pictures because we totally laughed at ourselves traveling to another state and being excited to go to the thrift stores!!! Mom would be proud!! We found great, great things!!!! Lots of fantastic vinatge things!!!! Yay! Now I have to get back to work on all those ideas!!

3 comments:
Thank you so much for our wonderful trip, dad!! It was so much fun and nice to get away without kids (thank you so much heather, mk, merd and ben)! I am looking forward to our bi-annual trips!!!! :)
First of all, the headline is perfect! Nothing better than buttered butts and biscuits!
Also, your trip sounds so fun!
Finally, WHERE'S THE NEW HAIR?!?!
I haven't done my hair yet today, but I will eventually... you know i would love to post a picture of myself just as much as i would like to eat a handful of raisins! yuck! maybe I will just email you a picture!
Post a Comment