Friday, February 20, 2009

I don't think you fully understand

what I am up against here...

(my guest bed piled with laundry, obviously we haven't had any guests in a while)

This is what a month of having a broken washer can do to a person. This pile does not even include the clothes in the picture below! When five loads come back from the laundramat at the same time, this is what tends to happen. Then add children throwing up on clothes, sheets, etc., and a monster has been created. Joyful!

I actually folded and put these clothes away on Tuesday. Trevan even helped match his socks and turn his shirts inside out.
Seriously? Why, yes. Yes, those are our Christmas lights still up in ALMOST MARCH! We are officially those people. (To my credit, that is totally John's department. And everyone thinks I nag too much... If I nag, things get done... I haven't done any nagging, and look what still adorns our house.)
What??!! This angelic face? I know that is what you are thinking. But, instead of a picture of vomit, screaming, teething, a billion poopy diapers, crying, puddles of yogurt, cereal, or whatever is for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the floor, I posted a picture of Mallary.

And, finally my workroom. And, trust me this is clean compared to what it looked like two weeks ago. Yes, I was supposed to clean it in January, and it is now February you say? Well, I am about a month behind in my life. I did get my first new product of the year in my store. But, I am still behind on wholesale price sheets, and making anything. Lovely.
This is what happens when you move to a new house pregnant and sick and don't unpack all of your stuff, have a baby, then you start a craft business when you haven't even unpacked your craft stuff, and never unpack it, and just dive right in. So, I am busy unpacking and trying to find homes for everything.
Not to mention making 80 invitations for the next Enrichment. Should have posted a picture of those too...
(have I mentioned I am going to start my own blog about only positive things?
No complaining, etc...)


3 comments:

Holly said...

oh, i am sorry, i also forgot to mention i was up until 3am making a custom order monkey. i had a few issues...

i am now raising the price of my monkeys, hopefully i will keep selling out even though they are more money!

becky said...

Holy smokes! That's like a himalayan mountain of laundry. You know what Chris would say? "It's because you have a lot of clothes." But since when is Chris right?!

Hang in there. Good thing you're a supermom/crafter/wife/friend/neighbor/enrichment leader/monkey-maker/etc. You also look awesome in tights and a cape. :)

Sending happy thoughts your way. xoxo

Holly said...

i'm sure ross would have a good cape... i got totally cool violet tights at target...