Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hello from the Senior Member of the bunch

My first post. Hopefully it will go through. I am currently at Jeremy's babysitting Tyler and Grace. Boy, he really owes me, but maybe this is what I get for cutting a tree down on his outhouse. Anyway,, we are surviving. (Hurry Tuesday night and get here). Actually, I am enjoying being with them. There is something about being with my grandchildren that brings me closer to Mom - maybe because she loved them so. But, I seem to have a deeper appreciation for them since Mom left.

The memorial stone has been put in place on Mom's plot about a month ahead of when I expected it to be installed. I think they did a good job on it and I am pleased with the results. Something about seeing your own name on a tombstone gives you a funny feeling at first - but a comforting feeling to - to know everything is in place for the eventuallity of things.

I do enjoy Holly's pictures. I will try to post some in the near future.

Bye for now.

Dad

2 comments:

Holly said...

Welcome to the blog dad!! yay!!

Heather said...

Hooray! Now we just need to get some certain other people to contribute. But don't be like my father, who put up one post on our family blog, and then never has since.

And what about my pictures? Don't you enjoy my pictures?