Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two-for-One Visit from the Tooth Fairy






The Tooth Fairy will be paying Sophie a visit tonight. She lost her first tooth at around 6 pm. Heather and I were sitting at the table, and Sophie runs up to us and says, "We've got a problem here!" She realized that she lost her tooth, but she didn't know how she lost it. We had just eaten dinner, so she probably ate it. As a dutiful father, I took a picture.
Little did I know that the night was still young when it came to losing teeth. An hour later, she comes running to me with a tooth in her hand. "I lost another tooth!" she said with delight. She lost this one while brushing her teeth. I took another picture. So, the Tooth Fairy has an ethical dilemma. Are his rates per visit or per tooth? I would think per visit because of the convenience of only having to come one time for two teeth. Since this is the Tooth Fairy's first visit, he will set a precedent, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I believe the Tooth Fairy's wife will end up making the final decision in favor of the per tooth scenario. Obviously, the Tooth Fairy needs to join a union.

3 comments:

Holly said...

yeah, not sure about the tooth fairy thing. i just know that when my kids teeth fall out, I am sending them to Candi's house for the tooth fairy to visit. The tooth fairy there is very generous. maybe I should pull some of my teeth and visit there to make a few extra dollars...

Holly said...

what did the tooth fairy end up bringing?

Heather said...

One dollar per tooth in quarters. She was very pleased.